The Papua New Guinean Discovery

Between June 2, 2005 and August 7, 2005 I went to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It was a time when God confirmed that He wants me there for His work. At the time I am a student at Davis College in New York State studying and preparing to go back to PNG full time.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kim's June Prayer Letter: Passport is here

Journey to Papua New Guinea

June 19, 2007

Greeting to my Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Thank you all for your prayers. It has been a while since I have updated most of you and I apologize for my lack of communication. This past two months has been a trial of my patience, but God is good and saw me through it.

In the month of May, God brought all but $400 of my support in. During this month He also taught me how to wait and trust in Him. For a few weeks preparation for my trip seemed to be at a stand still. No funds were coming in and my passport was not even close to being on its way. My tickets to LA were bought in April, but no other progress seemed to be made. I finished up the semester and headed home, where I continued to wait.

Then May turned into June and I still had no passport. I was however able to speak at a two churches, Harvest Field Baptist in Fayette, NY and Grace Baptist in Marion, NY. Thank you to both churches for having me.

Many of you have been praying for my passport to come. I am happy to report that it is finally here. God is in control and He works in His time, not ours. I still lack $300 for my trip, but I am confident that God will supply. After all He has brought in $4100 so far. I am starting to get excited for my trip now that everything is falling into place.

Please continue to pray for me as I continue to get ready for my trip. I leave for L.A. on July 2nd and for PNG July 4th. I am a little nervous about flying for so long, but I know God will keep me safe.

A few prayer requests are

1. That I will continue to trust God

2. That the rest of my funds come in soon

3. For my teammates as they continue to prepare for their trips.

Once again thank you for all your prayers and support. For those with access to the Internet I have created an online journal which I will update from PNG.

The address is www.godsbutterfly-kp.blogspot.com

In Christ,

Kimberly Phillips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home