The Papua New Guinean Discovery

Between June 2, 2005 and August 7, 2005 I went to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It was a time when God confirmed that He wants me there for His work. At the time I am a student at Davis College in New York State studying and preparing to go back to PNG full time.

Friday, February 23, 2007

An Amazing Film does not begin to describe it

Tonight Kim and I went and saw "AMAZING GRACE" and boy amazing does not begin to describe how wonderful the film was done. It is the true story about William Wilburforce who worked to get slavery abolished in the British Empire. His mentor was John Newton who wrote the song Amazing Grace that we know and love. I won't spoil the film, but it is a MUST SEE. John Newton was talking to William and he is talking about his days of slave trading he tells him, "Although my memory is fading, I remember two things very clearly: I'm a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior." There were Amens throughout the theater. Go see it! You will learn some history and be challenged by the message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home