The Papua New Guinean Discovery

Between June 2, 2005 and August 7, 2005 I went to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It was a time when God confirmed that He wants me there for His work. At the time I am a student at Davis College in New York State studying and preparing to go back to PNG full time.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

23rd Birthday in NYC

Today for my 23rd Birthday I went down to NYC with the school. It was cool that the school had a trip for the same day as my birthday. I was born on my mom's 27th birthday so we share the same b-day. Last night her siblings threw her a surprise party and Kim and I came up and made it a real surprise. After coming back from home it was a brief sleep before leaving for New York a little after 7 AM. The day went well. We were dropped off at Radio City Music Hall then we (Kim, Lexie, and myself) went to Central Park and then to the New York Historical Society. There was a lot of neat pieces of history in that museum, and you know I love History. We had a picnic in Central Park (and the sun was out!) very cool. We spent a great amount of time in the park. We went through Time Square and to the M&M World and the Hershey store. We also went to Bryant Park, Grand Central Station and past the Chrystal building. We went to Rockefeller Plaza where NBC is. We learned that their building has an observation deck on the top (70th floor) and we had some time so we bought tickets and went to the top. The picture above is of Kim and I on the top with the Empire State Building in the back. It was a great day. Wonderful Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home