The Papua New Guinean Discovery

Between June 2, 2005 and August 7, 2005 I went to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It was a time when God confirmed that He wants me there for His work. At the time I am a student at Davis College in New York State studying and preparing to go back to PNG full time.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Kim is going to PNG this summer with New Tribes


My friend Kim (who is below in the NYC picture and also in the picture above that will be on her prayer card). Kim is also going into Bible Translation and this will be her first time overseas as my trip to PNG in 2005 was my first time. The following below is her first prayer letter

To Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

My name is Kimberly Phillips. In the year 2000, God called me to missions, specifically into the field of Bible translation. These past seven years have been a journey in which God has leads me to finish high school, go into the workforce, attend a year at the Word of Life Bible Institute, and eventually continue my studies at Davis College (formerly Practical Bible College). I am currently a junior at Davis, where God has taught me a lot about following and trusting Him.
As I continue to follow, God continues to lead me. Now I believe He is leading me this summer to go on a short term missions trip to Papua New Guinea, with New Tribes Missions. New Tribes Missions is a tribal church planting mission organization working in countries all over the world. When I go from July 2 - August 10, I will be part of a team that will learn vital mission skills, such as cross-cultural communications and evangelism, all while interacting with the surrounding tribes. Though this trip is not focused on Bible translation, I am confident that God has much to teach me while I'm there and as I prepare to go. I know that as I continue on this journey that I must trust God for all my spiritual, physical and financial needs.
Papua New Guinea is literally on the other side of the world. It is an island country just north of Australia. Consequently, this trip is more on the expensive side with a cost of $ 4440. This does not include my flight to Los Angeles and back. I know that as God leads, He provides. I am asking you to prayerfully consider being a partner in my journey through prayer, and if God leads you, through gifts.

Some prayer requests for this month are:
1. That I will continue to trust God to meet my needs
2. That my passport application goes through without problems
3. That I will be able to raise half my support by April 1st
4. That I keep my focus on God

Thank you for your prayers and support. If you have any questions about my trip, or if God has lead you to give, you can e-mail me at kp679@juno.com or you can call me at (607) 729-1581 ext 5204. I know that God is going to do amazing things as He continues to lead me on this journey.

In Christ,


Kimberly Phillips
PO Box 106
Bible School Park NY 13737

---------------------------
If you would like to support Kim either through prayer or financial means contact her at the address above or contact me through my email address button on the side of the main page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home