The Papua New Guinean Discovery

Between June 2, 2005 and August 7, 2005 I went to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It was a time when God confirmed that He wants me there for His work. At the time I am a student at Davis College in New York State studying and preparing to go back to PNG full time.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Prayer Letter from Kim in PNG

Here is a prayer letter I received from Kim this morning. Keep her in your prayers.

Journey to Papua New Guinea
July 18, 2007

Greeting to all from PNG,

So much has happened in the last 16 days. It feels like
I've been here much longer than that. On Monday July 2nd I
made it to Los Angelos with no problems. There I met
almost all of my teammates. Tuesday the 3rd we had
orientation and then went to the beach. Afterwards we
started our nearly two day journey to PNG. We flew out at
1 am on the 4th and arrived in Goroka at 10:35 am on the
6th. Overall we had a good flight. We had a long layover
in Singapore and were able to take a tour of the city. It
was a good time.

Finally we arrived in PNG. We had a 45 minute drive to the
interface campus. I was so tired I don't remember much of
that day. Saturday the 7th we started classes. So far in
classes we have studied phonetics, culture and language
accquisition and the chronological approach to evangelism.
We've been reading a book called A Stranger on the Road to
Emmaus. It's been a good study. In order to simulate
learning language in a tribal setting, we are learning Tok
Pisin from language helpers. I'm struggling a little bit
in this area, though my Tok Pisin is improving. These past
two or three days I've learned a lot of Tok Pisin.

In the afternoons, I've had opportunity to either visit
with the Bena people in the villages or here on campus.
One village is next door. Two others are within a ten
minute walk. I cannot communicate well with the people
because I know little pidgin (Tok Pisin), but the more
time I spend with them the more I connect.

The Bena people are a lost group. Syncretism has seeped
into all the churches here. New Tribes has missionaries
working with this group but they are all on furlough. One
family, the Fosters, are waiting to return to the Bena.
They are currently waiting in Austrailia for their visas
to go through.

Please pray that;
1. The Fosters visas come through so they can
resume teaching with the Bena people
2. I am able to learn the language so that I can talk
with the people
3. I stay healthy and the rest of my team stays
healthy. Last week we had a flu go through the
campus. This week our director has strep throat
4. I and my team are able to adjust to this new
culture

Thank you all for your prayers and support.
In Christ,
Kimberly Phillips

5 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Abdul Muqse said…

    Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Abdul

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Abdul Muqse said…

    Good Day Sir/Madam: Do you need an urgent loan to finance your business or in any purpose? We are certified and legitimate and international licensed loan lender we offer loans to Business firms. Individuals, companies firms, corporate bodies at an affordable interest rate of 3%. It might be a short or long term loan or even if you have poor credit. We shall process your loan as soon as we receive your application. We are an independent financial institution. We have built up an excellent reputation over the years in providing various types of loans to thousands of our customers. We offer Educational loan, Business loan, home loan, Agricultural loan, Personal loan, Auto loan with either a good or bad credit history. If you are interested in our above loan offer you are advice to fill the below information and return to us for more details. You can contact us with this email (standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com) we shall respond to you as soon as we receive your loan application details below.

    First name:
    Middle name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Total Amount Needed:
    Time Duration:
    Address:
    Currency Needed
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone:
    Mobile/cellular:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:
    Which sites did you know about us.....
    ( standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com )for immediate attention. Contact
    us now and get an urgent loan within two (2) days!!!
    Regards,
    Mr Abdul Muqse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home