The Papua New Guinean Discovery

Between June 2, 2005 and August 7, 2005 I went to Papua New Guinea with Wycliffe Bible Translators. It was a time when God confirmed that He wants me there for His work. At the time I am a student at Davis College in New York State studying and preparing to go back to PNG full time.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

"Cold War: Kennedy and Kruschev"

I have had the honor of working with a great bunch of High School Students this semester. They are Homeschoolers in the area that attend Dr. Franz's history class. Each Fall the students learn about an area of History and then in the Spring Dr. Franz has them act in a play that is about that area of History. This year they were talking about the Cold War. It is about more specificly the Berlin Wall and the Cuban Missile Crisis. It was great to get back into Drama. It is something I so miss from my days in High School. Being in 10 plays and then none is kinda sad. Oh well I know the training of being on stage has helped me preach and teach. Great training for both. The Plays (Dramas and Musicals) were: Fiddler on the Roof in 9th grade, Jane Erye, Sugar (based off the Movie "Some Like It Hot"), and A Mid-summer night's dream in 10th. 11th grade I was in: A Haunting we will go (a horror/comedy most have not hear of: I know I didn't), Peter Pan was the musical that year, and we did Get Smart! to close out my junior year, about Maxwell Smart. My Senior Year we did: Pride and Prejudice, Annie as our Musical, and Much Ado about nothing to close my Senior Year.

So what was my favorite part? Well Jane Erye was fun being Mr. Brocklehurst and Rev. Woods. Two very different parts, but both really fun to be. Pride and Prejudice was one of biggest leads, but I had the lead Male role also in A Haunting we will go. Annie I had three very different parts...so I enjoyed all the plays I was in for different reasons. The plays I liked the least and some will hate me for this were the Shakespear Plays (A Mid-summer night's Dream and Much Ado About Nothing). I do not like the long dialogues and monologues. Of Shakespear's dramas I like Julius Caesar and Macbeth the best. Well good night and God Bless from the Eastern United States. Come and see the play tomorrow night if you can. 6 PM. Here are the directions if you need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home